Thursday, June 11, 2009

Is it a phase?

I love my little diva. This girl keeps me on my toes... literally. I spent the first year of her life so grateful that I had this "easy" baby. Just spending the day taking care of her, all smiles, no cries. Wow, have things changed. This girl likes every ounce of attention I can give her - likes to be held, likes to be put down, likes to try to tell me what she wants (even though she doesn't even know what that is), plus she only has one word (mom) and spends the whole day, well, squawking. By the end of the day, I can hardly stand up, am exhausted, and wonder how this girl is going to fit a baby brother into her life. Regardless, I can't wait. I am so blessed to have Beatrice. She is an amazing girl and makes me so happy. How did I ever live without her? She has taught me so much about myself and what life is really about. She is going to be a wonderful big sister - I mostly think she has been spending each day trying to tell me how bored she is and how she needs him to come... NOW! :)

3 comments:

  1. Dang, she's a cutie!!!! I am loving this blog, so that I can catch a glimpse of your lives and your beautiful Bea. Good luck with these last weeks, Mere. You are a rock star. I totally feel your pain...

    let's talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with that picture!!
    (but she looks way too big!!)
    Diva? - for sure
    Demanding? - oh yes
    Used to getting what she wants? - you know it..

    this is also called - being 1!!

    Love-love-love her so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love bea!! she is my favorite and i'm pretty excited for her new little brother too!! i hope i get to babysit them lots! i totally want to!

    ReplyDelete